Monday, January 4, 2016

Back from a Long Absence!


It has been a very long time since I have been on either of my blogs. I had a couple of personal issues in my life come up and have been somewhat depressed about them. But it is a new year, and I want to start fresh.

I am going to be presenting at the TCTELA 2016 Conference with Caron St. Onge in Austin, Texas. We are presenting on Writer's Notebooks. Maybe I will see you there. The conference is at the Renaissance Hotel the weekend of January 22nd. 

Another thing I have been doing is completing my course with the Institute of Children's Literature. I have one assignment left to finish my course. This too has been an "on again, off again" adventure for me. My most recent assignment was a nonfiction article that I have been thinking about for awhile. I am going to see about revamping it as per my instructor...and as per the magazine I want to submit it to. Maybe I will be published!

My plan for this blog is not completely clear for this year as of yet. I really want to include more middle grade novels, but I also want to have some good mentor texts (in the form of picture books) for teachers to use in their classrooms. I love suggestions for either a middle grade novel or picture books.

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and will have a blessed new year!



Happy Reading!