Friday, September 11, 2015

9/11 Remembrance


I am going to post this today since it is on my heart. I hope you don't mind.

Where were you on 9/11? I was at my school preparing for the day ahead...a very difficult one to make through. What a horrific day for the people of New York and America. One year later I was in New York, and the reality truly hit me hard. Now 14 years later I somehow feel as if we have become complacent about what happened that day. All of the people who lost their lives in the Towers, at the Pentagon, and in the field in Pennsylvania. Then there were all the first responders...those men and women who thought not of themselves, but of the people in those Towers. And all of those who have sacrificed since that horrible day to protect our freedom...something that I think we take for granted all too often. So today, I hope that we all really remember what happened that day...a day our innocence was truly lost as a nation. May God bless and protect us.

New York 13 years ago...


This was on a building in New York.



At the site of the Towers.


Construction and clearing.

And New York today...