Monday, April 13, 2015

Rosie's Walk

Image result for rosie's walk


Rosie's Walk by Pat Hutchins
Illustrated by Pat Hutchins
Publisher: Aladdin Paperbacks
Published: 1968
ISBN: 9780020437505
Personal Copy





Rosie's Walk was one of the first picture books I bought when I started teaching a long, long time ago. But I have gotten so much out of this book.

First, the colors of the illustrations are bold and vibrant...using only red, yellow, and orange.


Image result for rosie's walk

Or how about the fact that Rosie is oblivious to the fox following her around...

Image result for rosie's walk


And we can't forget about learning about a farm...

Image result for rosie's walk

But most of all, I loved the prepositions. And I would use this book every year with my 6th graders when we wrote poetry. We all created a Halloween poem using prepositions, and used Rosie's Walk as our mentor text!


Image result for rosie's walk

Image result for rosie's walk

Image result for rosie's walk

I hope you enjoy Rosie as much as I do!

Teacher Resources: